Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Washi Tape?!



I was pinning things the other day on Pinterest and came across a pin to a blog that had a post about a washi tape keyboard...  I about lost it over how cute it looked!  And what a good idea!
Obviously I furiously searched the web for the exact kit that was used on that keyboard.  I successfully found it (I got 16A&B) and copied the keyboard that was on the blog because I loved the placement she did!  I would insert the link to her blog, but I can't find it!!  


It was a tedious task, but in the end I think it was worth it.  The medium tape is the perfect width to fit the keys - the kits I bought came with skinny, medium and wider widths.  The Command keys were a little awkward, I had to use 1 1/3 pieces of tape side by side, but you can't really tell.
I have read that the tape will be easy to take off and shouldn't leave a sticky residue...  I'm really hoping that's the case.  I'm actually a little nervous for when the time comes, but for now, I'll just enjoy my brightly colored keys.


Of course you'll have a bunch of tape left over.  I wrapped all of my tea lights in the stuff, but I've also seen the tape made into magnets; used to tape envelopes; tape presents for Christmas; or wrap plastic cutlery!  Let me know of any other ways you can use the tape, or if you've already washi-fied your keyboard.  I'd love to see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment